The ACVO Vision for Animals Foundation has adopted the following goals for 2017.
GOAL 1: Major Grants Program/Think Tank
Continue the organization’s major grant program to fund larger projects.
- Summarize results of the Canine Glaucoma Think Tank in a White Paper and submit to Veterinary Ophthalmology (Q1).
- Issue an RFP and award a large grant for research on Canine Glaucoma (June/July– October 2017).
- Host a breakfast at the 2017 ACVO Conference to select a topic for the 2018 Think Tank and update diplomates about VAF activities (October 2017).
- Review the potential for establishing a Canine Glaucoma Consortium.
GOAL 2: Outreach & Public Relations
Better educate both diplomates and the general public about the work of the Vision for Animals Foundation and ways to support the organization.
- Promote the work of the Think Tank to various media channels
- Create Canine Glaucoma section on website and develop rack cards on this topic.
- Add VAF ribbons in every conference packet.
GOAL 3: Fundraising
Grow existing and diversify revenue sources.
- Promote the Pet Letters program more widely.
- Continue to add “friendraising” events/other activities at regional meetings (SEVOS, NEVOS, Midwest, etc.)
- Consider planning a one-day CE meeting.
Goal 4: Board Governance
- Create a Finance Committee to assist Secretary/Treasurer with financial oversight.
- Develop a Board Orientation for new members.
- Review by-laws to ensure compliance.
For a more detailed long-range plan, see Strategic Plan (2013-2018).