Please consider making a year-end contribution to the ACVO Vision for Animals Foundation (VAF)!
To make a donation click here
The organization continues to expand programming thanks to the kindness and generosity of so many committed volunteers, corporate sponsors, partners and supporters like YOU!
In 2018, the VAF’s activities included the following:
- Awarding a grant of $29,974 to Dr. Hans Westermeyer, North Carolina State University, for his two-year study, “Predicting the onset of intraocular pressure rises and retinal damage in primary angle closure glaucoma in dogs” and three grants, totaling $14,785, to ABVO residents.
- Issuing a Request for Proposals for the newly created Founders Clinical Research Grants, in honor of the founders of the ACVO. The goal of this initiative is to promote clinical research by ACVO board-certified diplomates in private practice or academia.
- Launching the Canine Glaucoma Consortium to further advance research in this area.
- Partnering with Bausch + Lomb to offer an Advanced Phacoemulsification Course. The VAF continues to work with Bausch + Lomb with the goal of providing future CE courses.
- Hosting the “Purple Rain Party” fundraiser at the ACVO Conference in Minneapolis, MN. The VAF’s 5th annual event raised more than $55,000, including $38,500 in corporate sponsorship.
- Developing a new Strategic Plan that will guide the organization’s activities in 2019-2021.
Thank you in advance for your consideration!